Water Conservation Tips for Your New York Home
Do your part to save water this summer.
During the hot summer months, droughts become a major concern for many states. For instance, if you live in the state of New York, then the drought of 2016 is still probably fresh in your mind. Fortunately, there are many things that you can do to conserve water in your home. Here are some of the steps that you can take.
- Only use your washing machine when you have a full load of laundry.
- Only run your dishwasher when it is fully loaded.
- Install an aerator on your kitchen faucet to reduce the water flow to less than one gallon per minute.
- Install low-flow shower heads to reduce the amount of water used per shower.
- Reduce your shower time, trying to keep it under 10 minutes. You can also shut off the water when you stop to wash your hair, scrub your body, or shave.
- Make sure to turn off your sink faucet when brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Only water your lawn in the early morning or evening when it’s cooler outside. This will ensure that you do not lose as much water due to evaporation.
- Use drought-resistant plants when landscaping your yard to reduce the amount of water you use in your yard.
- Do not use your hose to clean your driveway, sidewalk, and patios.
- Install a self-closing nozzle on your hose so you can conserve water when watering your plants, washing your car, bathing your pets, and so on.
Try out these tips to save water around your home. As a homeowner, conserving water isn’t your only responsibility. You are also responsible for keeping your home, property, and loved ones safe. Fortunately, you can accomplish all these goals by securing the right homeowners insurance. For assistance with all your home coverage needs, contact the experts at East End Insurance Agency today.Tags: Water Conservation Tips for Your New York Home