Here’s what you need to know to decipher your car insurance quote.
If you are looking for the right auto insurance, then you will likely be asking for quotes from different insurers. However, once you receive your quote, you might realize that you can’t read it. If this is the case for you, then don’t worry. Use this information to help you decode what your auto quote is saying.
The main page of your quote is referred to as the declarations, or “deck,” page. This page contains the coverage information of your quote. At the very top of the page you will see a set of three numbers such as “50/150/40.” This series of numbers refers your coverage amounts in thousands of dollars that you are quoted for. The first number (in this example “50”) refers to the maximum bodily injury coverage you would receive per person in the event of an accident. The second number refers to the maximum bodily injury coverage you would receive for all injuries, and the third number refers to the maximum property damage liability coverage you are quoted for.
On this page you will also find your specific information such as the type of car you want to insure, additional insured drivers, discounts, deductibles, and so on.
Another important part of understanding your insurance quote is knowing the different auto coverage options available to you. Some of the major coverages include:
- Liability: Covers third-party injuries and property damage, as well as the cost of your legal fees should an affected party decide to sue.
- Collision: Covers the damages your car might sustain during a collision event.
- Comprehensive: Covers damages to your car caused by anything other than a collision event such as theft, vandalism, fire, an extreme weather event, and so on.
- Medical payments: Covers the medical expenses that you and your passengers might incur during an accident. This coverage is no-fault, meaning that you have access to it regardless of who is at fault for the accident.
- Under/uninsured motorist: Covers your medical expenses and repair costs if you get into an accident with a driver who is not carrying adequate auto insurance coverage.
Use this information to help you make sense of your auto insurance quote. If you are looking for the right auto coverage to fit your needs and your budget, then don’t hesitate to contact the experts at East End Insurance Agency. Our expert team is ready to get you the coverage that you need today.