Try Out This Recipe in Honor of National Soup Month
Whip up this warm and tasty soup this January.
Did you know that January is National Soup Month? What better way to celebrate this month than by whipping up a delicious soup for all your loved ones to enjoy? This recipe for pasta e fagioli is sure to make for a warm and tasty National Soup Month.
Pasta e Fagioli
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lb. spicy (or sweet) Italian sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15-oz.) cans Great Northern Beans
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups ditalini pasta (or another small shape)
- freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish
- freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large, deep pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in onion, carrots, and celery and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper, then add in beans (with their liquid), diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, then stir in ditalini.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until pasta is al dente, about 8 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve in bowls garnished with Parmesan and parsley.
This warm and hearty Italian classic is sure to earn some fans this National Soup Month. Remember, January is also an important time to review and update your various insurance policies. For assistance with all your coverage needs, contact the experts at East End Insurance Agency today.Tags: Try Out This Recipe in Honor of National Soup Month