Get festive with this decadent recipe!
Did you know that today is International Chocolate Day? The National Confectioners Association chose this day to coincide with the birthday of Milton S. Hershey, founder of Hershey Chocolate Company. Want a fun way to celebrate this sweet day? Prepare this super sweet and, of course, chocolatey treat for your loved ones to enjoy!
Decadent Chocolate Brownies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter the inside of 9-inch × 13-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Set a large heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water to create a double-boiler. Add the butter and 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips to the bowl. Heat, stirring occasionally until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth. Turn off the heat, then whisk in the sugars and stir until combined. Remove bowl from heat. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring well between each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture and fold in the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold in remaining chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a parchment paper-lined baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan. Cut into squares and serve at room temperature.
This delicious and decadent chocolate brownie recipe is the perfect way to celebrate International Chocolate Day! Are you looking for assistance with your various insurance needs today? If so, contact the experts at East End Insurance Agency. We are always ready to find you the right coverage to fit all your needs.