Go green this Earth Day and implement these eco-friendly home tips!
April 22, 2016 is Earth Day! Celebrate the natural world by making a few eco-friendly changes at home. Not only will these changes help you to save money on your electric and water bills, but they’ll help you live more sustainably. Check out these environmentally friendly home tips.
- Invest in energy efficient home appliances. When you invest in energy-efficient appliances, you use less energy which in turn helps you save money.
- Check for leaks in your air ducts. When you heat and cool your home, your temperature systems may be working harder than they have to. Be sure to check you air ducts for any leaks so that you can better control the temperature and use less energy in the process.
- Double up when using the oven. It takes a lot of energy to heat an oven. Make sure to use a heated oven wisely. Make sure to cook multiple meals in the oven to maximize your energy use.
- Wash fruits and vegetables in a bowl. When you wash fresh produce, you tend to leave the water running. However, this wastes water. Turn off the tap and use a bowl instead. Fill a bowl with some water and use it to wash your fruits and veggies. When you’re done, go ahead and use the excess water to water a plant.
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth. No need to leave the water running when brushing your teeth. Make sure to turn off the tap whenever you’re brushing your teeth or washing your hands.
- Water your lawn in the evening. When it comes to your yard, be sure to water in the evening to save on your water bill. When you water during the day, more water is used because of evaporation. Make sure to water once the sun has set.
Protect the earth with these eco-friendly tips, protect your home with the right homeowners insurance. East End Insurance Agency has you covered. Located in Southold, New York, contact us for all your personal and commercial insurance needs.