Celebrate Spring with This Delicious Recipe
Celebrate the season with this fresh and easy recipe.
Now that spring has finally arrived, the last thing you want to do is waste away inside your kitchen. Want to get out and enjoy the warmer temperatures and beautiful weather? Then try whipping up this fast, fresh, and easy recipe for your family this spring.
Spinach-Orzo Salad with Shrimp
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 4 cups spinach, thinly sliced
- 10 medium radishes, quartered
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted oil-cured olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the broiler. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and shake dry.
- Meanwhile, toss the spinach, radishes, cucumber, onion, olives, mint, parsley, and 1/3 cup each lemon juice and olive oil in a large bowl. Add the orzo and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the shrimp with the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl. Arrange on a foil-lined broiler pan and broil until slightly pink, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn and broil until just cooked through, 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Divide the salad among plates. Top with the shrimp, sprinkle with the feta, and season with pepper.
This fresh and tasty recipe is sure to have you enjoying the flavors of spring in no time! Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this spring? Don’t hesitate to contact us at East End Insurance Agency in Southold, New York. We are ready to get you the coverage you need today.Tags: Celebrate Spring with This Delicious Recipe