Home Office Insurance Needs

Your Home Office Insurance Needs

Do you need insurance for your home office?

The modern business owner operates much differently than his or her past counterparts, and more and more successful entrepreneurs are running their operations out of their own homes. If you’re among their ranks, you have put hard work, countless hours, and your passion into making your business what it is today. Do you ever wonder, then, if you’re leaving it exposed?

It’s a common misconception that because you’re running your business out of your home, your homeowners insurance policy will cover it. The fact is that home insurance specifically excludes commercial coverage, so if you want to protect all of your hard work you need to consider your alternatives. Depending on your type of work, your home office might need:

  • General Liability Insurance: What happens if a client visiting your home gets injured, then sues you? Your general liability insurance can cover those expenses, as well as any others that arise because your business is held liable for damages.
  • Business Property Insurance: In order to protect your equipment and your inventory, you need business property insurance. This coverage can safeguard your computer, your office furniture, your supplies, and more!
  • Commercial Auto Insurance: If you use your car for business purposes—whether to deliver product or visit clients—your personal auto insurance won’t protect you. Instead, you need a commercial auto insurance policy to cover yourself, your vehicle, and any damages you cause out on the road.

Would you like to talk to an insurance agent who can tailor your coverage to protect your unique business? For the right commercial coverage in Southold and the rest of New York, contact East End Insurance. Our team of experts will take the time to understand your work and the exposures it introduces, then craft policies that fit your needs and your budget.


Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Connect with us


July 2019
« Jun