Due to the coronavirus outbreak, most non-essential businesses have shut down. With fewer people on the roads to keep an eye on your store, these business crime prevention tips will help you protect your store during COVID- 19.
Crime Prevention Tips for Businesses
1. Items and Belongings
- Remove all the cash and receipts from your store. Leave the empty cash registers open, so burglars see there is nothing to take.
- Remove all IDs, client, and personnel information to avoid identity theft.
- Take all valuables such as laptops, projectors, and other electronic items home.
- Check and make a note of your inventory before you close down your business. In case you have expensive items such as electronics or alcohol for sale, think about storing them in a safe, non-accessible part of your store.
2. Security System
- Install a CCTV camera system to keep an eye on your shop. Be sure to get a good view of the entry and exit points.
- Update the emergency contact list on all your alarm systems to ensure that you are notified in case of a possible break-in.
3. Extra Measures
- Keep the lights on to ensure that the patrolling police officers get a clear view of your store. This will help them notice trespassers quickly.
- Remove any racks, posters, and other structures that may obstruct the view.
- Remove any material that can be used to gain access to your store from outside, such as metal poles, bricks, ladders, wooden pallets, etc.
These are a few crime prevention tips for businesses during COVID- 19. If you want to update your business insurance plan for added safety, contact the experts at East End Insurance Agency. We are ready to assist you with all your business insurance needs today.